Depending on how many you cook for you might find yourself with chicken leftovers. If you follow my recipe for slow roasted chicken then here’s what you could do.
1. Use kitchen scissors and half the cooled chick straight down the centre.
2. Eat half of the roast chicken for a meal. (Day One)
3. With clean hands, finely shred the other half of the chicken and store in the fridge.
4. Make a sandwich with some of the shredded chicken. (Day Two)
5. Add a tsp of veg oil to a wok, add the chicken some salt and pepper and 10 dashes of Tabasco sauce. Stir fry for five mins. Serve with some refried beans, chillis in vinegar and pitta bread. Sublime! (Day Three)
NB: Best to quickly freeze chicken on day one and use as require for day two and three meals.
Also if the chicken is big enough or if the Mexican gig above doesn’t float your boat then try the following Indian jobbie!
Add some vegetable oil to a wok cut an onion finely and fry till brown. Add some whole spices (2 cardomom a wee bit of cinnamon stick) and stir fry for 30 secs. Add a 1/2 tsp of chilli / coriander powder / cumin powder and tumeric – stir in. Add some shredded chicken and toss for 3 mins. Add three big catering spoons of cooked basmati rice and mix up for 5 mins – add a wee drop more oil if required.
NB It is very important that the cooked chicken is kept refrigerated at all times to restrict bacterial growth.